There’s an endless list of things to be grateful for today. However, with all the craziness that is going on in the world, it has become hard for many to see the massive good that’s all around them.
If you find it hard to see all the things that are going for you or you just need a healthy dose of optimism, a gratitude list of 75 things to be grateful for is exactly what you need.
Why it is Important to be Grateful
According to science, gratitude can:
- Make you happier
- Make you focus on positive emotions
- Increase your self-confidence and self-esteem
- Improve your relationships
- Help with decision-making
- Reduce depression and stress
- Improve your health
The list can go on.
The bottom line? If you have not incorporated gratitude in your life yet, it is about time you should.
75 Things to be Grateful for today
Do you find it hard to start your gratitude list?
This list is a good place to start:
- Home. As cliche as it may seem, there is no place like your home. If you still have your home, you have something many people don’t have.
- Parents. They gave you life and took care of you. If they are still around, consider yourself blessed.
- Friends. Friends that have become family. Nothing can beat those.
- Children. They can bring unbelievable joy and magic in your life.
- Relationship. It’s a blessing to have someone you can spend the rest of your life with. That’s something to be grateful for.
- Pets. Animals are amazing sources of love.
- Health. Health is wealth. You can’t enjoy whatever it is that you have if you are sick.
- Sight. If you have the ability to see the world, that’s something you should be thankful for.
- Smell. The ability to sniff something freshly baked. The ability to be transported through time through your sense of smell.
- Taste. Can you imagine what it would be like to not be able to taste your favorite food?
- Touch. Your sense of touch is a great part of how you connect with others.
- Food. Consider yourself blessed if you won’t have to worry where your next meal is coming from.
- Travel. Visiting other places can help you experience other culture. It’s something you should be thankful for.
- Kindness of others/strangers. When someone extends a helping hand, a listening ear, reaches out to you in love, that’s no small thing. It’s something to be grateful for.
- Heating and cooling. Being able to control the temperature inside your home is a blessing many overlook.
- Safe neighborhood. If you don’t have to worry about your safety and that of your loved ones, that’s something you should not take for granted.
- Freedoms and rights. Being able to vote, practicing your religion are not commonplace. If you are able to enjoy your rights and freedoms, that’s something to be grateful for.
- Sunshine. It can do amazing things for your health and well-being. It makes the world a more beautiful place to live in.
- Modern medicine. It provides you and your loved ones the ability to live longer and enjoy a better quality of life.
- Planet Earth. It’s full of beauty and magic. It also has just the right conditions for you to live and thrive.
- Clothing. Having plenty of clothes to protect you from is another thing to be thankful for.
- Electricity. Just a flick of a switch and there’s light. How awesome is that?
- Clean water. Consider yourself lucky if you have clean water to drink.
- Education. Not everyone gets access to good quality education. It’s something worth giving thanks for.
- Stable government. There are people who live in countries without a stable government. If you live in a place with a stable government, it’s something you should not take for granted.
- Sunday mornings. That feeling of space, calm, and relaxation that only Sundays can provide.
- Long weekends. Three-day weekends are always worth looking forward to.
- A good cry. Most people just hold it in. But a good cry can always make things feel better.
- Exercise. This is something many people take for granted. However, your ability to be able to move your body is something worth celebrating.
- A great book. Don’t you just love it when you are transported to a magical world right in the comfort of your own home?
- Finishing an important project. It would be great to give thanks for successfully finishing a project that means something to you.
- Alone time. This is something not many people get to enjoy. If you enjoy some alone time, you should be grateful.
- Silver linings. They make even the most difficult challenges a little easier to transcend.
- Making others feel good. Getting someone to smile, laugh, or feel good is something you should be grateful you can do.
- Deep conversations. Conversations that make you feel connected with another merits a space in your gratitude list.
- Learning from your mistakes. This is how you grow and evolve. This is how you become the best version of yourself.
- Negative emotions. If you dig deeper, some negative emotions can help you see the changes you need to make in your life.
- Loss and heartbreak. Without the lows, you will never become resilient. You will not be able to appreciate life’s blessings and highs.
- Challenges. Life challenges can help make you a more empathetic and stronger version of yourself.
- Visionaries. The Elon Musks of the world are worth thanking for. We all can benefit from their grand visions and contribution to the world and humanity.
- Changing seasons. Autumn’s falling leaves, the first snow, summer—each offering beauty that’s worth our gratitude.
- Honesty. At times, honesty hurts. At times, it’s hard. But it will always make things a whole lot better.
- Being born in this time period. Although we are facing massive challenges, it’s still great to see how far humanity has come.
- New discoveries. Whether it’s a new food or a new favorite perfume, new discoveries are worth celebrating. They help make us feel more alive.
- Pets. They teach us about unconditional love. They make life fun, interesting, and just a whole lot better.
- Your age. Whether it’s the vitality or wisdom that comes with it, there’s always something great about your current age.
- Energy. The older you get, the more you are able to appreciate your energy levels.
- Events to look forward to. Often, there is happiness to be found in the things and events you look forward to.
- When a child says something funny. Small kids and toddlers say the funniest things.
- Change. While not always welcome, life would be less interesting without it.
- Your unique personality. There is no one else like you. Quiet or loud, you are awesome and special in your own way.
- The ability to learn. Unlike other living things, you have the ability to change, to grow, to evolve, and to become the best version of yourself.
- Your creativity. Some of the best and coolest things in the world were built by creative people. Your creativity means more than you realise.
- Your sense of humour. The ability to not take yourself and life too seriously is worth thanking for.
- Your accomplishments. Big or small, we have all done things that we can be proud of.
- Your family heritage. You have a unique family heritage and it’s worth thanking for.
- Your hands and arms. You can use them to get some things done.
- Your legs. They help you get to where you need to go. They help you run, walk, play with your friends, pets, and loved ones.
- Your heart. It religiously and instinctively pumps blood to every part of your body.
- Your lungs. Every breath is a gift you should be grateful for.
- Your immune system. For keeping you healthy and fighting every unwanted intruder in your system.
- Your talents and skills. What skills and talents do you have? How can you use it for the better?
- Your grit and resilience. The ability to bounce back and become better than ever is a gift.
- Your mindset. A great and positive mindset can help you accomplish anything you have set your heart to doing.
- Your imperfections. They make you interesting. They make you different. They make you stand out.
- Your smile. Smiling is something no other living thing can do and it’s a gift worth appreciating.
- How far you have come. When you are feeling down, look back and be thankful for the things you have accomplished. Everything you have in your life, you have created.
- Your eye color. They may not be unique but they still help you stand out.
- Your memory. Your memory connects you and provides you a much better insight and perspective on life.
- Your personal style. Be thankful for the opportunity to create your own personal style and look.
- Your discipline. Your discipline can help you get to where you want to be.
- Your core values. Whether it’s compassion, loyalty, work ethic, or manners, your values are integral to who you are.
- Taking care of yourself. Being able to take care of yourself is something not many people get to do. If you are able to do so, it’s something you shouldn’t take for granted.
- Bringing positive changes in your life. Only human beings have this innate ability to make something of themselves. We are the only species capable of changing areas in our life we are not happy with.
- The light you bring to the world. You bring something unique to the world. You bring a light that no one else can and that’s something worth your thanks.
Over to You
Did you enjoy our 75 things to be grateful for list? It’s evident there’s an endless list of things to be grateful for. You just need to look hard enough. So what are you waiting for? Start taking stock of the things you should be grateful for and watch your life change for the best.